Sunday 29 March 2015

Hôtel Villa Rivoli in Nice

This charming, boutique hotel is where I'll be hanging my hat for a couple of nights. Much to my surprise, I was upgraded to a larger room which is absolutely lovely. I was told that I was upgraded because I had stayed here previously (see blog Feb 27). In my humble opinion, the Interior Designer for this hotel was very skilled and paid attention to every detail. I love the decor and took many pictures. 
Below is a close-up of the canopy - c'est belle, n'est-ce pas?

The walls and shelves were covered in traditional French toile which simply means cloth in French.
The original toile patterns from the 1760's usually depicted pastoral scenes of the French countryside.
I love French curtains. Many are white embossed cotton or lace often with scalloped edges.
Here is a close-up of one of the lamps. Once again the ornate metal work seen on the canopy is repeated around the base of the lamp.
My modern bathroom.
This is the salon. There is a piano in the corner and guests are invited to play if they wish. You can also purchase a variety of beverages. There are doors to the exterior which open onto an intimate courtyard.
Just beyond the salon, you will find la salle à manger where guests are invited to enjoy a lovely petit-déjeuner. It is a buffet with a wide variety of choices.
The serveuse (server) even offers you an "oeuf à la coque" (a soft bolied egg). It is served in a beautiful porcelain egg cup topped with a "chapeau" knitted by the owner's mother I believe. 

The staff at the hotel from the front desk to the cleaning ladies are so friendly and helpful. They just can't do enough for you. The hotel is spotless too. Although it doesn't overlook the Mediterranean, it is only two and half blocks away. It is quiet and conveniently located close to public transportation, shops, restaurants, museums, the old city, markets and the theatre. I would highly recommend staying here if you happen to visit Nice. Thanks for finding this gem Marianne!

No comments:

Post a Comment