Sunday 6 April 2014

Provence to Paris via Montpellier

Just before we leave Provence, I wanted to show you a few more photos. Below are the gîtes we stayed at in Mirabel-aux-Barronies. Ours, shown below, faced east and the view of the hills and vineyards was lovely to wake up to. 
Greg and Brian's gite faced west and you could see the village of Mirabel from their patio.

Another great view of the landscape in Provence.
An old pont in Nyons.
In less than two weeks, the grape vines were beginning to leaf out. Apparently harvest occurs in October. I'd love to be here then.
These trees, les arbres de judée, bloom right after the almandiers and are so pretty with their deep pink blossoms.
The wisteria also began to bloom while we were here. The blooms last about a month and then the vines leaf out creating magnificent arbors and hedges.
It was an early morning for Keith and me. We had to drive back to Montpellier, pick up my large suitcase from Patricia, drop off the rental car and then hop the train to Paris. Below are my final pictures with my good friend Patricia, at least for now.
Hope to see you again soon. Bisou! Bisou! 

No comments:

Post a Comment